When the Mormons attacked us via Prop 8 in California, they demonized gays in media assaults preying on the fears of people who are easily influenced by those types of things. Now that "one of theirs" is running for President, where are our "Mormons are freakshows" advertisements? Seriously, they declared war on us, and we're letting this battle go without screaming to the hills that Mitt Romney is a lunatic in crazypeople magic underpants? It's time to end this war with concise victory.
Isn't it time to use one of their own weapons against them? The ads in California featured massive doses of conjecture to stir up fears. The dark shadow-voices of commercials would speak of The Homosexual Agenda.
What about The Mormon Agenda?
- Will the Mormon Church rebaptize all deceased Americans as Mormons?
- Will Mormon schools receive more funding than traditional Christian schools?
- Your Children will have to learn about Mormonism in school.
- Teachers will have to teach children about Mormonism.
- Do Mormons pledge allegiance to the flag?
- Mormonism claims there are prophets living today. Who are these prophets and does Mitt Romney consult with them?
- Who are these Mormon Prophets that Romney follows?
- Who are Anne Romney's sister wives?
- Have we seen an actual Marriage Certificate from the Romneys?
- Why have we forgotten that Mormons once declared war on the United States of America? (No, really, why have we?)
What do we really know about these Mormons, anyway?
That's the only question to which we really need to lead. Is this tactic "insensitive" or "mean"? Is it really less moral to demonize a lifestyle choice (religion) than a genetic attribute (sexual orientation)? No, it's not, so don't seeing it as stooping to their level; see it as looking a combatant squarely in the eye.