Apols for letting civilization collapse on itself last week, y'all. But y'know what? Sometimes you've gotta let your hair down! you've gotta throw caution to the wind! you've gotta shove some Doritos into your damn maw and pass out because you're too tired to cook a balanced dinner! But this week, it's back to business as usual. And what's the lay of the land this week? That Glee absolutely, positively sucks. Like, vacuum-cleaner sucks. Like, sucks worse than the sky when you've accidentally popped open the emergency doors while your plane's at a cruising altitude. It just sucks. (But that shouldn't really be news, should it!) Then there are other things! But here, follow the trail of breadcrumbs into the large gingerbread house and I promise I won't push you into the oven! (Someone else already did...)
• A man who, while being King of America, managed to drive an entire nation into the ground, has somehow released a book. Some people are doing strange things to the book for the sake of "political activism." [The Guardian]
• Glee sucks. [Queerty]
• UHH-MERICAN SPIRIT Several positively mad individuals have somehow taken offense to Google's Veterans' Day logo. [The AtlanticWire]
• BABY, BABY Christ on a bike. Does anyone else in here feel ancient suddenly? Baby Spice is getting ready to pop a second sprog. Related: This is what Ginger Spice's grocery list currently looks like. [Twitter]
• Glee sucks. [Starpulse]
• A Catholic University which had no problem hiring a lesbian and even allowing her to run off to Iowa to get gay-married has suddenly fired her because her wedding announcement turned up in a newspaper. [Newser]
• Glee sucks. [E! Online]
• Not content with taxing New Yorkers to the brink of destitution, allowing rent for utter shit-holes to soar to ridiculous highs during a recession, and its inability to keep the MTA from derailing, lawmakers are cracking down on a potential new revenue channel: Bodega owners who have the gall to sell cigarettes one at a time...or "loosies." [BushwickBK]
• Glee sucks. [Hollywood Reporter]
• Jessie J is a pop singer whose new single, "Do It Like A Dude" is only barely above-average. But the following clip of her wailing a song called "Mamma Knows Best"? Incredible.
• If you find yourself by the Bowery, stop into DCKT to take a look at the wonderful art of Sophie Crumb. [DCKT]
• I use Skype usually to call home and then field questions from my mom about why I haven't gotten a haircut yet. This couple in Texas used it to get married. [BuzzFeed]
Mister Rohin Guha has written for scores of places and you can follow him here. His collection of short stories, Relief Work, is forthcoming from Birds of Lace. Once a week he'll be checking in on civilization and giving us a progress report.